LCC POOL ALGAECIDE 2.5LTR
(50LCC2.5L) l.c.c. pool algaecide
This is an economical, quaternary ammonium, algaecide
Features & Benefits
- A pool owner who wishes to use an economical maintenance algaecide.
- A pool owner requiring an economical product for eradication of blue green algae.
- Ideal product for pebble and aging pool surfaces.
- Ideal product for salt chlorinated and ionised pools.
- It may be used on a regular basis in situations where a metal based maintenance algaecide is inappropriate.
- May be used in all types of pool finishes.
- Compatible with all recognised sanitisers and other pool additives.
- May be used in situations where a metal based algaecide is inappropriate.
- As well as lysing the algae cells, the increased detergent action (foaming) assists in releasing the clinging algae crusts from pool surfaces.
- Regular Use: 250ml per 10,000 litres.
- Heavy Algae: 400ml per 10,000 litres.
- Winter: 500ml per 10,000 litres.
A few facts from the professionals...
- Product may smell and foam for a short period.
- Reduce pH to around 6.8 for best results. At lower pH the waxy coating surrounding algae cells is greatly softened and allows easier penetration by chemicals.
- Using “equal parts” of l.c.c. pool algaecide and liquid chlorine (i.e. 5 litres of each) can help accelerate the action of the product.
- Use in conjunction with starver® for really bad pools.
- Regular brushing recommended to assist in algae removal.
- High doses of quat compound may combine with free chlorine resulting in excess levels of combined chlorine and this may last 2 or 3 days. Addition of Aqua Boost is recommended if condition persists.
- After algae have been removed always follow up with regular dosing of a Lo-Chlor algaecides and starver® to prevent re-occurrence of algae and assist other chemicals to work more effectively.