P.A.C. SOLUTION 20LTR
(55PAC20L): LO-CHLOR P.A.C. SOLUTION 20LITRE
Commercial clarifier that can be used in all pool types.
What is P.A.C.?
LO-CHLOR P.A.C. is Poly Aluminium Chloride.
Poly Aluminium Chloride products are aluminium-based coagulants. They are similar to (Alum) Aluminium Sulphate, with several important differences:
- Partially pre-neutralised (Higher basicity than alum).
- Contain Cl instead of SO4.
- Contain up to 3 times the aluminium content.
Some of the advantages of LO-CHLOR P.A.C. over conventional Aluminium Sulphate are
- Lower dosage requirement
- No requirement for any neutralising agent (soda, lime)
- Shorter flocculation time
- Smaller amount of sludge
- Reduced number of back washing steps
- Higher quality of the treated water.
Technically LO-CHLOR P.A.C. is an inorganic cationic polyelectrolyte. This means that it contains long chains of positively charged molecules. In the water it behaves somewhat like (Alum) Aluminium Sulphate in that it reacts and binds to form large, heavy flocs that sink to the pool bottom.
How does it work?
Turbid water generally contains many tiny particles that are only a few microns in diameter. These particles will typically al have the same negative chemical charge. These particles form what is known as colloidal suspension. That is, since the particles all carry the same charge, they repel each other, so they do not settle. Also, because they are very small, they are almost impossible to filter out. When LO-CHLOR P.A.C. is added to water that contains these colloidal particles it binds them in to larger aggregates that can settle to the bottom of the pool.
- Poly Aluminium Chlorides are synthetic polymers dissolved in water.
- They react to form insoluble aluminium poly-hydroxides which precipitate in big volumetric flocs.
- The flocs absorb suspended pollutants in the water which are precipitated with the LO-CHLOR P.A.C. and can together be easily removed.
- Very easy to apply
- Used extensively in commercial pools, swim schools as well as hotel and resort pools
5 Litres treats 250,000 Litres pool water