STARVER TEST KIT(A & B)
LO-CHLOR STARVER® TEST KIT
LIQUID REAGENTS For Accurate Instantaneous Results.
The kit comprises of liquid reagents to ACCURATELY TEST FOR PHOSPHATE LEVELS in swimming pools.
The kit is a MUST for every pool professional.
1 x 25mls Reagent A
2 x 25mls Reagent B
1 x 12 mls vial
Instructions on how to test phosphates accurately
- Fill 12mls tube with approximately 10mls pool or spa water
- Add 5 drops Reagent A
- Add 5 drops Reagent B
- Shake well
- Compare colour against chart provided
- Ensure all living algae and algae spores are killed before you test for phosphates.
- If algae are present the test result will read ZERO as the algae have consumed the phosphates.
- Before testing kill algae by either Superchlorinating or using a Lo-Chlor Algaecide.
- Store kits in cool dry conditions
- Phosphate test kits have a 6 month shelf life
If the test result is positive and shows a result greater than 1ppm on the test chart you will need to carry out the following steps:
- Fill vial with approximately 2mls pool or
- spa water
- Top up vial with approximately 8mls distilled / spring water
- Add reagents as per instructions
- Check results
- Multiply results by a factor of four (4x) to give accurate reading.
- If phosphate level is above 10ppm you should contact your Lo-Chlor professional for further advice